Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New York Hook Modification

New York Hook modification from Nathan Hager (18A)
 
Here's a few photos of a minor modification of the New York hook allowing us to marry the halligan and the hook. The reason why I wanted to do this was because I now see more FF's carrying a striking tool on a belt in AFD and wanted a way to most efficiently get the right tools to the scene. Even without the striking tool on a belt, a FF would be pretty well equipped with this setup. I welded a chain link to the hook's handle for the forks to rest on while the adze rests on the working end of the hook. Link size was key. It marries pretty well without a strap, but I prefer it with a husky strap from Home Depot.
 
Nathan Hager
 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome and simple. I'm going to see what I can do to get our New York hook modified!

    ~Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great man, if you have any questions let me know and I'll get you in contact with FF Hager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that we did when we started to do this , is to grind down the link on one side before welding onto the NY Hook, this allows the hook to still fit in the storage tubes in the rear of the Truck !

    ReplyDelete